An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Ben & Jerrys, are currently seeking a Team Assistant, based at their Port Sunlight Research Site. This is a full-time temporary role for 12 months, 37.5 hour week, paying £25,536 per annum.
Due to the current situation, the successful applicant will commence the role working from home but will be expected to return to the workplace at Port Sunlight when safe to do so.
Unfortunately we cannot consider candidates who have a notice period longer than 1 month to serve.
An opportunity has arisen for a Team Assistant to join the Science & Technology team in Beauty & Personal Care at Port Sunlight supporting a number of Directors & the VP. As the VP is not based in the UK, the successful applicant must be happy working with them virtually.
The main responsibility for the role will be to support VPs and Directors by providing and assisting with the following:
- Electronic diary management
- Travel organisation when this resumes
- Organisation of large group meetings/away days & travel, facilities, catering etc when able
- Organisation of annual/monthly/weekly team meetings both via Microsoft Teams and in person when able.
- Preparation of expenses for VPs/Directors when necessary
- Processing of daily information/queries during absence of manager and management team
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentations when required
- Managing contact lists and maintaining distribution lists
- Supporting communication where required - telephone or email
- Programme/document/budget management administration
- Ordering stationery when required
- Organising, co-ordinating and ensuring the efficient running of visitors itineraries
- Providing pro-active help to others on site (even if this means, on occasion, providing assistance outside of immediate job role).
- Prompting of staff going on overseas business travel to complete the travel risk assessment when bookings are made and advising OH of travel booking by communicating with Occ Health administrator
- Managing the administration for skin checks in the area - keeping local staff lists up to date with starters, movers, leavers and entering when a skin check has been completed to drive up compliance locally
- Experience in a similar tole, supporting more than one person at a time, in a fast paced, busy, ever changing environment.
- Occasional requirement to pick up a task outside of 9-5 hours if required.
- Effective organisation, time management and ability to prioritise.
- A pro-active approach to the tasks and activities undertaken and an ability to anticipate problems and resolve effectively with minimal intervention.
- Taking the initiative and developing new approaches to meet the changing needs and requirements.
- The ability to build relationships with an international network and key stakeholders across different levels in the organisation.
- Strong organisational skills including building and maintaining effective networks
- Good written and verbal communication
- Excellent knowledge and competent use of Microsoft Office (Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint)
- Excellent knowledge and competent use of Microsoft Outlook and electronic calendar